Friday, April 06, 2007

Correction

Yesterday I posted a quote I took from Samizdata blog site. I have since tried to get a second source for the quote and failed. My apologies to Tony Blair for publishing an untruth, so I now have published his full speech taken from the official No 10 site. It is still a weasel mouthed speech, but not as bad as what I had posted previously.


I am glad that our 15 service personnel have been released. I know their release will come as a profound relief, not just to them but to their families that have endured such distress and anxiety over these past 12 days.
Throughout we have taken a measured approach, firm but calm, not negotiating, but not confronting either. I would like to thank our allies in Europe, our allies in the United Nations Security Council, for their support and also our friends and allies in the region who played their part. We are grateful to all of them as we are to the officials in the Foreign Office and the Ministry of Defence and here in Downing Street for the work that they have done.
And to the Iranian people I would simply say this, we bear you no ill will. On the contrary, we respect Iran as an ancient civilisation, as a nation with a proud and dignified history and the disagreements that we have with your government we wish to resolve peacefully, through dialogue. I hope, as I have always hoped, that in the future we are able to do so.
That is all that I have got to say for this evening. Thank you very much indeed.


The highlights are mine.

No comments: